Samba Styling Group Class
Understanding the different group classes
- This class is designed to appeal to the beginner and intermediate alike.
- Our beginner classes trend towards more foundation information
- Our intermediate classes trend towards challenging the student
- Our styling classes focus more on an artistic aspect of the dance
- Our Series classes build towards the same goal from week to week.
- Students should approach a group class setting at Social Graces with the idea that they will gain something rather than everything. Every student will take something different as everyone as different tastes and goals.
Drop in fee is $15 and active students can attend this group class for free.
We do not have a dress code, but we encourage you to dress for comfort.
Singles and couples welcome
You do not need a partner to attend any class at Social Graces.
HISTORY OF THE SAMBA
First coming onto the scene in Brazil in 1917, the Samba didn’t catch on in the country until about 1930. As it features fun footwork and an iconic “bounce” technique, this dance style is considered to be one of joy and celebration—the Samba is danced at the Carnival festival in Rio de Janeiro. You will even see people breaking out in this spontaneous dance in the streets of Rio. That’s how fun and festive it is!